Written by Andy Foreman
Randy Marsh, a former Main League Baseball umpire who labored within the Nationwide League from 1981 to 1999 and all through the main leagues from 2000 to 2009, would be the visitor speaker for the January induction assembly on the Northern Kentucky Sports activities Corridor of Fame.
The assembly is scheduled for 1 p.m. on January 18 at Park Hills Gardens (1622 Dixie Freeway, Park Hills) and is free and open to the general public. 5 new members are scheduled to enter the corridor.
Marsh, a Covington native and member of the Northern Kentucky Sports activities Corridor of Fame, has officiated the World Collection in 1990, 1997, 1999, 2003 and 2006, serving as crew chief for the final three collection, and within the All-Star Recreation in 1985 and 1988, 1996 and 2006, calling balls and strikes for the 1996 match. He’s the tenth referee in historical past to function crew chief for 3 world championships.
He has additionally officiated in 9 league championship collection (1989, 1992, 1995, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2007 and 2009) and in 5 collection (1998, 1999, 2001, 2003 and 2006). He was crew chief from the 1998 season till his retirement after the 2009 season.
As of 2018, Marsh—a board member and senior vice chairman of the Northern Kentucky Sports activities Corridor of Fame—serves because the director of the Umpiring, in addition to an assessor and supervisor of Main League Baseball.
• Mike Lewis He began soccer as a four-time quarterback and captain at Ludlow Excessive College, and was additionally a four-time NKAC All-Star. In 2004, he was named NKY Class A Participant of the Yr, in addition to District Participant of the Yr.
He handed with 96 touchdowns throughout his profession, completed main all main passing classes—and was the primary Ludlow participant to hurry for 1,000 yards and go for two,000 yards in a single season. Lewis was named the NKY All-Star Recreation MVP, and his 2003 “Hail-Mary” go snapped a 32-game dropping streak—and made him the Cincinnati Enquirer’s Participant of the Decade.
As a basketball participant, Lewis was additionally a four-year starter, three-time NKAC All-Star, and staff captain. A 3-time All-Match Traditional choice, he was District IX Defensive Participant of the Yr and District IX All-Star Recreation Participant of the Yr.
He was awarded a scholarship to Georgetown School the place he was a three-year starter at quarterback, four-time South Midfielder of the Week, and a two-time staff captain. He completed his profession within the high 5 or high ten in 10 completely different success classes.
• Alan (Sonny) Sullivan – “Sonny” has been teaching in some capability for over 50 years – he began out in Knothole Baseball and Women Softball. For 18 years, he helped the Conner Women Softball Group. He started umpiring Knothole Baseball on the age of 14 – and continued till his sixty fifth birthday. As well as, for 10 years he was a basketball referee within the Boone County Leagues.
At Boone County Excessive College, he ran the scoreboard or clock for 20 years and did the identical for 5 years at Conner Excessive College. For 15 years, he labored Thomas Extra soccer video games.
• Greg Meintree – The Campbell County Excessive College graduate completed his soccer profession on the faculty holding eight completely different faculty data. He was named All-Convention in 1973 and once more in 1974. He was named Honorable Point out All-State in 1973, and named second staff the next 12 months. Operating nonetheless holds the varsity mark of 14.7 yards per carry.
As a pitcher, he has thrown two hitters, and 4 one-ball video games. And in monitor, Mentree has run all of the dash occasions—the 100, 200, and 400. He coached eight years at Campbell County incomes 13 varsity letters in 4 sports activities and was named to the Campbell Excessive College Corridor of Fame and NKFL Corridor of Fame.
• Mike (Coty) Kreutzinger – Ludlow Excessive College Sports activities Athlete – Soccer and Basketball – “Cootie” was named a 1966-1967 Defensive Honoree at Northern Kentucky. That very same 12 months he was named Athlete of the Yr at Ludlow Excessive College. From 1972 he taught and coached till 2007 at Finetown Excessive College. After a 12 months off, he coached from 2009-13 at Mason Excessive College and from 2015-2019 coached at Mosheim Center College.
• C. Weibrink – A soccer coach at Dayton Excessive College, he started his profession in 1968 teaching linebackers for a staff that reached the state semi-finals.
He coached freshmen at Purcell for 2 years because the staff was the GCL Freshmen.
Dixie Heights was his subsequent cease as a squash coach (2 years) – his staff completed third within the area. He was head monitor coach at Lima Catholic in addition to assistant soccer coach – holding the identical titles at Forest Park Excessive College.
He returned to Kentucky in 1977 as a monitor and cross nation coach at Boone County Excessive College – he stayed with the Renegades for 20 years. He has been named NKAC Coach of the Yr on 4 completely different events.
His mixed teaching report: Boys’ 825 wins, 496 losses (68%) Women’ 733 wins, 564 losses (57%). His monitor and discipline report was 1,302 wins and 399 losses (77%).
The Northern Kentucky Sports activities Corridor of Fame was initiated in October 1982 with the aim of honoring and honoring people for his or her excellent athletic achievements and general contributions to the Northern Kentucky sports activities scene.
Classes to incorporate: staff sports activities, managers, coaches, referees, sponsors, league directors, park homeowners, members of the media, and sporting items homeowners.