It’s finally time for MagicBand+ to come to Disneyland Resort later this year.
What is MagicBand+? Well, it’s a wearable that has LEDs and other technologies built into the scope to allow guests to pair the scope with their phones so they can use it to enter the park, customize the strip’s light colors, play exclusive games in the park and more. The band is rechargeable and will come to life during “World of Color” and “Phantasmic” during select theme park nights. There will be a new interactive game in Galaxy’s Edge where guests can use the squad to go on a mission to collect rewards within the land.
“Vibrations and lights from your MagicBand+ will help guide you in finding virtual rewards,” Disneyland said in a press release. “When you find your reward, you can use the thermal augmented reality viewer in the Play Disney Parks app to reveal who is hiding in the shadows. Once your mission is successfully completed, the local guild master Raja Bua will reward you with galactic credits.”
Here’s how to use MagicBand+:
- Enter Disneyland or Disney California Adventure Park (with valid ticket and reservation)
- Check in at Lightning Lane entries (with purchase of an individual Genie + or Lightning Lane)
- Connect Disney PhotoPass to your Disney account
- Play interactive games inside the park like searching for virtual prizes in Galaxy’s Edge
- The band with sync during the night is amazing at the resort